- Fertility and Third-Party Reproduction Law
Rich Geisler is the principal and founder of Fertility & Surrogacy Legal Group. Dedicated to using his diverse skill set and extensive legal expertise to help better the lives of others, Rich started our firm with the notion that everyone should be supported in creating a family.
With over a decade of legal experience, Rich’s primary focus is in fertility and third-party reproduction law. Rich finds his attention to customer service, and his approachable attitude makes him perfect for this type of law. To that end, Rich has helped countless clients from all over the world achieve the family they have always wanted, making him an “uncle” to children around the globe.
Rich is an active member in the American Bar Association’s Family Law and Assisted Reproduction Legal Section. He is also a fellow in the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys and has presented to his peers on the nuances of fertility law and specifically trust fund management best practices. Rich has traveled internationally to meet with clients and organizations interested in fertility laws in the United States.
As a leader in the community, Rich donates his time and wisdom in service of multiple nonprofit boards, including: Civic San Diego and Recreational Music Center. He also spent a number of years as an adjunct professor of business law, management and policy courses at various schools in San Diego.
Rich personally ensures that our clients receive the very best legal representation, while honoring and respecting the needs and rights of persons of differing backgrounds, orientations, philosophies and creeds. Having built our professional team by hand, he is proud of Fertility & Surrogacy Legal Group‘s commitment to excellence to our clients domestically and abroad.
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2003
- Civic San Diego
- San Diego Mayoral Appointment to Board of Directors, 2012 to Present
- International Children’s Cancer Foundation Co-Founder and Executive Board Officer, 2008 to Present
- Recreational Music Center Board President, 2012 to Present
- North Park Main Street Board Member, 2014
- San Diego Mayoral Appointment to Southeast Economic Development Corp. - 2007
- San Diego Metropolitan Magazine 40 Under 40 Honoree LEAD San Diego Graduate - 2008
- Adjunct Professor for Business Law – University of Phoenix and National University - 2009
- Mayoral Appointment to Civic San Diego - 2012
- Board of Directors of the San Diego Downtown Partnership - 2013
- Member of 2013 inaugural class of the Public Leadership Institute - 2013
- North Park Main Street Board Member - 2014
- Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys Member - 2017
- American Bar Association Family Law – Assisted Reproduction Law Member - 2017
Current Employment Position
- Principal & Founder