Helping Build Families Since 2012

What Does Travel Look Like For A New Family?

Whether you are an international client or not, if you need assistance getting a passport for your new baby born through a surrogate, Fertility & Surrogacy Legal Group, APC can help. We have experience in working with the state department’s guidelines to ensure your passport is accepted. If you have some unique circumstances, we can assist with the proper documents needed and can expedite the issuing of the passports as well.

Applying For Your Baby’s Passport

While this is an exciting time, we understand how stressful and time-consuming things can be. Our goal is to help you navigate this process effectively and efficiently. We have experience with international clients and can assist with varying travel documents needed for your baby. We find that open communication is crucial. By working together, we can get things done the right way. While it is possible to do this on your own, without proper guidance you could delay the process.

Similar to applying for your own passport, you will need to complete an application on behalf of the child. We can help you fill out this paperwork to ensure it is done properly. There are certain requirements that must be met. For example, you must prove that the surrogate was not coerced or exploited in any way. She also must waive her parental rights. You also should show that the baby is genetically related to you. We do this by providing the state with a DNA sample. Understandably, this can get confusing. This is why we are here to help.

Call Today To Start Gathering Information

We understand how eager people are to start this process. To learn more about your options, call our office in San Diego today at 619-329-4411. You can also fill out our contact form online.